- Credit Report
- Mortgage & Investment
- Mortgage Basics
- Seller Financing
- Sell Mortgage
- Sell Mortgage Options
- How To Sell Mortgage
- Discounted Mortgage
- Typical Seller Financed Mortgage
- Sell Mortgage FAQ
- Creating a Saleable Mortgage Note
- What is your Seller-Held or Private Mortgage worth
- Calculate the Yield on a Discounted Mortgage
- Misleading Offers when you Sell Your Note
- More Misleading Offers when you Sell Your Note
- Private Mortgage
- Discounted Mortgage
- Commercial & Residential Mortgage
- Real Estate Investment
- S.A.F.E Act
Our top 10 books on Real Estate and Investing to read in 2019
We have put together a list of 10 quality books that are well worth reading.
Many investors fail at making money in real estate as they do not do their research first. Investors are attracted by the opportunity to make massive returns on their investment, but don’t always consider what could go wrong and what the impact will be if they lose some or most of their initial investment.
We bet you’d do a lot of research when buying a TV for $500, so why not do even more research when planning on investing in a real estate deal for $500k? That’s a life changing amount of money on the line.
1. How to be a Real Estate Investor
One of America’s most trusted real estate investing mentors and coach, Phil Pustejovsky, shows you step by step, how to be a real estate investor, regardless of how much money you have, your credit rating or your experience level. This book was created for anyone looking for a simple to read, easy to follow guide on real estate investment in today’s market.
2. Building Wealth One House at a Time
The collapse in real estate prices from 2007 through 2012 was the most significant event in the real estate industry since the Great Depression. But today, with the real estate market rebounding, a new generation of investors is entering the field, eager to make their fortune.
Building Wealth One House at a Time, 2nd Edition provides you with a practical way to create wealth through an ethical approach of buying, financing, and managing property. Renowned real estate expert John W. Schaub takes you through his 9-step program and explains how to accumulate one million dollars’ worth of houses debt free in any market, while earning a steady cash flow.
This invaluable guide presents fresh strategies for buying and financing property, reflected in six new chapters on topics such as real estate cycles, financing real estate purchases, negotiation techniques, and retirement investing.
You’ll learn how to:
- Finance real estate purchases without going to a bank
- Recognize and capitalize on real estate cycles
- Improve your negotiation skills in any situation
- Avoid common and costly mistakes
- Create cash flow that lasts forever, and much more
3. The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth and Passive Income Through Intelligent Buy & Hold Real Estate Investing!
This book has one goal in mind and that’s to give you every strategy, tool, tip and technique needed to become a millionaire rental property investor.
Written for both new and experienced investors, this book will impart years of experience through the informative and entertaining lessons contained within.
Inside, you’ll discover:
- Why many real estate investors fail, and how you can ensure you don’t!
- 4 unique, easy-to-follow strategies you can begin implementing today.
- Creative tips for finding incredible deals―even in competitive markets.
- How to achieve success without touching a toilet, paintbrush, or broom.
- Actionable ideas for financing rentals, no matter how much cash you have.
- dvice on keeping your wealth by deferring (and eliminating) taxes. And so much more!
4. What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow… And 36 Other Key Financial Measures
What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow removes the guesswork from investing in real estate by teaching you how to crunch numbers like a pro, so you can confidently judge a property’s value and ensure it provides long-term returns.
Real estate expert, Frank Gallinelli has added new, detailed investment case studies, while maintaining the essentials that have made his book a staple among serious investors. Learn how to measure critical aspects of real estate investments, including:
- Discounted Cash Flow
- Net Present Value Capitalization
- Rate Cash-on-Cash Return
- Net Operating Income
- Internal Rate of Return
- Profitability Index
- Return on Equity
5. Real Estate Investing Gone Bad: 21 true stories of what NOT to do when investing in real estate and flipping houses
Read about 21 true stories of real estate investing deals that have gone terribly wrong and the lessons you can learn from them.
The cost of these “deals gone bad” total millions of dollars in losses. Read this book and you’ll obtain the enormous benefits of the powerful and profitable learning lessons from these 21 mishaps without the costs!
You’re about to gather lifelong, extremely valuable real estate investment and house flipping wisdom that has taken others a lifetime and a fortune to learn. This book is a must read for anyone planning to be or is already a real estate investor because you’ll find out what NOT to do in real estate
6. The Sale of a Lifetime: How the Great Bubble Burst of 2017-2019 Can Make You Rich
After the blustering bull market of 2009-2015, we are now preparing for a shakeout more painful than anything we’ve seen before. We have eight years of unprecedented government stimulus and money creation to thank for stretching this bubble beyond imagination and making the burst more painful than anything we’ve ever experienced.
There’s no better guide to financial cycles than Harry S. Dent Jr., the bestselling author of The Demographic Cliff and many other books, and the editor of the Boom & Bust newsletter. For more than 30 years he has earned a reputation for eerily accurate predictions about the world economy and the financial markets.
Now Dent has an urgent new warning about the next crisis. The consequences will be devastating–but there’s a bright side that he’s calling “the sale of a lifetime.” For anyone who heeds the signs and follows Dent’s advice, the looming correction is a once-in-a-century opportunity to gather immense wealth.
In this pressing book, you’ll learn not only why a collapse is imminent, but how to identify bubbles and tune in to the cycles driving that drive booms and busts.
7. The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs: The Investor’s Guide to Defining Your Renovation Plan, Building Your Budget, and Knowing Exactly How Much It All Costs 2nd Edition
How much does it really cost to flip a house? In this NEW SECOND EDITION, get all the updated costs, upgrade details, and associated values when it comes to estimating your next renovation!
How much does it really cost to renovate your investment property?
Learn detailed tips, tricks, and tactics to accurately budget nearly any house flipping project and investment property renovation from expert real estate investor and fix-and-flipper J Scott. Discover the tried-and-tested steps of his professional framework and methodology for precisely evaluating renovation costs in hundreds of his own successful rehab projects.
Inside, you will learn how to:
- Inspect every aspect of a property to create your renovation scope
- Decide which upgrade options provide the biggest bang for your buck
- Identify the 150+ most common renovations you’ll likely encounter
- See big problems (like mold and termites!) and quickly fix them
- Assign accurate prices to every rehab task to build a detailed budget
- Determine which contractors are best for certain repairs or projects
- Break down the top 25 basic components of a renovation
8. The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down: Real Life Strategies for Investing in Real Estate Using Other People’s Money
Discover the real life strategies that smart investors are using in today’s market to invest in real estate with creativity! In The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down, active real estate investor and co-host of the BiggerPockets Podcast, Brandon Turner takes readers past the hype and dives into real life strategies that investors across the world are using to invest in real estate using creativity – instead of their own cash.
In This Book, You’ll Discover:
- The Truth About No Money Down Investing Investing with little to no money down is possible, but it’s not about some step by step strategy. It’s about a mindset.
- Numerous Strategies to Mix and Match Creative investing requires a creative mind, and this book will share numerous examples of creative deal-making.
- Attract Private Money, Lenders, and Partners There are millions of millionaires walking the streets. Discover the best way to attract them to you.
- The Ugly Side of Creative Investing Learn the downsides to all the strategies mentioned in this book, as well as tips for overcoming those problems.
- Get Started with No Money or Experience Looking for your first deal? Learn the best strategies for getting your feet wet without paying thousands!
- Wholesaling, Flipping, Rentals, and More! No matter what niche or strategy you plan to use to build your real estate empire, this book can help you proceed.
9. Flipping Houses: Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide to Buying and Selling Houses
You should know that some of the world’s richest have made their millions through intuitive real estate strategies. Considered by many as an extreme real estate sport, house flipping is a fast-paced investment strategy that takes what you have and doubles it over the span of 1 year.
If you can liquidate in less time, then you’ve made a faster ROI than you probably would have in 3 years of operating the most successful restaurant franchise you could find.
If you’re ready to discover your ticket to making millions, if you want to grow those stagnant funds, and if you want to have it all with the least risk and most potential gain, then keep on reading as we steer you through the wonderfully exciting world of house flipping. So, what are you waiting for grab your book ASAP!
10. Become an Intelligent Real Estate Investor – Your Roadmap to Passive Income & Financial Freedom (By Investing Money & Mastery)
Real-Estate Investments Aren’t Just for Big Business Tycoons & Multi-Millionaires Anymore!
In fact, today’s successful real-estate investor could be any average, middle-class person…
David Morales wrote this real estate book” Your Roadmap to Passive Income & Financial Freedom” with only one goal in mind: to give you every strategy, tip, trick, technique and principles you need to become an intelligent real estate investor, so you can minimize the mistakes when you step into the world of real estate investments.
This book has been written for all investors, new and experienced. It will impart years of experience and research, through the entertaining and informative lessons contained therein. Also, you’ll find up-to-date practical and exciting strategies that the best investors/ agents around the world are applying to build significant cash flow and wealth through real estate.
Inside, you’ll discover:
- All about investing to generate passive income
- Guidelines for investing in passive income real estate Secrets behind investing in real estate
- How to think like an investor
- Why you should consider property 22 amazing sources of income from real estate investment